Technical Literacy and Computer Skills - In English
“Technical Literacy and Computer Skills: A Modern Work Environment” is intended to reach those individuals within adult education who are likely to stay behind in the labour market due to technological advances in the job market.
The study is intended to be accessible and adapted to various activities, industries, and situations in the business world. In addition, the program attempts to prepare participants for unforeseen technological changes and advancements.
- Increase technical literacy and computer skills with the aim of increasing the ability to cope with change and thus prepare to monitor technological progress in the business world.
- Develop an understanding of digital work environment and the modern work environment.
- Provide skills and confidence in participant’s ability to work in information technology and the digital environment in such a way that it can influence their work environment in a positive manner.
- Strengthen the position of participants in the labour market and provide them with better access to more diverse jobs.
- Online Work and Study
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Solutions
- Operating Systems
- Technical Skills and Literacy
- Security Awareness
Completed assignments, 80% attendance, and active participation.
The study is 60 lessons long and takes place three times a week, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 17:00-20:00 and Saturdays from 9:00-12:40 in the premises of MSS.
The course is based on a certified curriculum from Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre).
Grants for course fees
It is possible to apply for grants to pay course fees at educational funds from the work unions.
More information provided by Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
Price: 17.000 ISK
Time period: August 21. - September 29.