Sales, Marketing and Business Operations
The purpose of the course is to strengthen knowledge and increase skills of those who work, or are interested to work in sales, marketing or starting their own business. The course is 440 hours long, and it‘s possible to apply it to up to 22 credits at a secondary school/ college level. Each participant needs to apply for the credits at the specific school where s/he intends to study after receiving the certificate.
The participant will:
- Strengthen self-confidence and assurance when it comes to professional work related with sales, marketing and business operation.
- Gain skills in generating plans in connection with sales, marketing and business operations, and following them through.
- Has good insight into business operations.
- Demonstrate skills in:
- Managing projects
- Preparing own business
- Sales and marketing work
- Starting a private business and generate markerting, operation, and business plans for the company
- Using a variety of tools and processes applicable to business operation
Course modules and emphasis:
- Portfolio and goal setting
- Study techniques
- Speech and conduct
- Information technology
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- General marketing
- Developing marketing material
- Marketing and the Internet
- Marketing and social media
- Market Research
- Sales techniques and networking
- Negotiation techniques
- Business calculus
- Key figures and liquidity
- Planning using spreadsheets
- Project management
- Developing a business plan
Completed assignments, 80% attendance, and active participation. All participants are expected to complete final projects which include developing a business plan, and participate in a sales and marketing exhibition where participants get the opportunity to introduce and sell their products or services.
The course is 440 hours long, taught two afternoons each week, and include homework and lectures online. Lessons are conducted on Mondays and Wednesdays from 17:00-20:00. There is no final exam, instead, a great emphasis on assignments, hands-on exercises, team work and discussions. The course is based on a certified curriculum from Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre). Distance learning is partly taught through the Internet, where lectures, assignments and material from instructors is accessible through the MSS learning management system.
Grants for course fees
It is possible to apply for grants to pay course fees at educational funds from the work unions. If you have been working, your work union may be able to provide you financial support. Those who are partly unemployed can apply for support from VMST (Directorate of Labour).
More information provided by Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at email@example.com
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
Tímabil: 11. janúar - 15. desember