Sales, Marketing and Business Operations
The purpose of the course is to strengthen knowledge and increase skills of those who work, or are interested to work in sales, marketing or starting their own business. The course is 440 hours long, and it‘s possible to apply it for up to 22 credits at a secondary school level.
Goals. The participant will:
- Strengthen self-confidence and assurance when it comes to professional work related with sales, marketing and business operation.
- Gain skills in generating plans in connection with sales, marketing and business operations, and following them through.
- Has good insight into business operations.
- Demonstrate skills in:
- Managing projects
- Preparing own business
- Sales and marketing work
- Starting a private business and generate markerting, operation, and business plans for the company
- Using a variety of tools and processes applicable to business operation
Course modules and emphasis:
- Portfolio and goal setting
- Study techniques
- Speech and conduct
- Information technology
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- General marketing
- Developing marketing material
- Marketing and the Internet
- Marketing and social media
- Market investigations
- Sales techniques and networking
- Negotiation techniques
- Business calculus
- Key numbers and cash
- Planning using spreadsheets
- Project management
- Developing a business plan
Completed assignments, 80% attendance, and active participation. All participants are expected to complete final projects which include developing a business plan, and participate in a sales and marketing exhibition where participants get the opportunity to introduce and sell their products or services.
The course is 440 hours long, taught two afternoons each week, and additionally includes homework and lectures online. There is no final exam, instead, a great emphasis on assignments, hands-on exercises, teamwork, and discussions. The course is based on a certified curriculum from Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre).
Teaching will take place in a flipped classroom, where participants have access to presentations, reading material and projects online and access to an instructor who leads them through their lessons during specific intervals, online and in real-time.
More information provided by Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
Tímabil: 16. mars - 19. nóvember