Tækniþjónusta / Technical Service
The Technical Services program is based on studying practical topics related to technical service for customers and colleagues. Emphasis is placed on building basic knowledge of hardware, operating systems, software, and networks. Participants are trained in providing general installation and connection services, diagnosing simple failures, and responding to them.
By the end of the program, participants have practiced:
- receiving service requests and inquiries by phone and email.
- registration of information.
- detecting simple equipment failures.
- providing installation and connection assistance.
- general technical services (created users and mailboxes, reset passwords, accessed data sites and printers).
- instruction on the general use of software / hardware.
- following up and closing cases according to procedures
- Technology equipment and networks
- Analysis of technical problems and malfunctions
- Advice and guidance
- Technical assistance / repairs
- Technical service – workplace training
- Summary and review
No final exams are submitted. The emphasis is on assignment, work diary, 80% attendance and active participation.
The course is 225 lessons long and four times a week from 12: 00 - 16: 00. The classes are scheduled to take place in the MSS premises.
The program follows a curriculum approved by Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre).
Up to 7 upper secondary school credits are awarded for the completion of the program.
Kristín - email@example.com
Hrannar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Published subject to change
The study program starts when the minimum participation has been reached
Tímabil: 8. febrúar - 20. maí