Sales and Marketing
The purpose of the study is to strengthen knowledge and increase skills of those who work, or are interested to work in sales and marketing. The course is 222 hours long. It is possible to apply the study towards 11 credits at a secondary school/ college level (not university level).
The participants will:
- Strengthen their self-confidence and assurance when it comes to professional work related with sales and marketing.
- Gain skills in generating plans in connection with sales and marketing, and following them through.
- Gain skills and experience in using various tools and processes that will be useful at work.
- Study techniques
- Goal setting
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- General marketing
- Market investigations
- Marketing and the Internet
- Marketing and social media
- Developing marketing material
- Sales techniques and networking
- Project management
- Speech and conduct
- Information Technology (integrated throughout the program)
Completed assignments, 80% attendance, and active participation.
Lessons will be conducted two afternoons each week, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 17:00-20:00. Additional lessons in information technology will be conducted on Fridays from 17:00-19:00 where participants have an opportunity to increase the digital skills in relation with the contents of the study. We will also conduct couple of Saturday sessions during the semester.
The program is based on a certified curriculum from Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre).
Grants for course fees
It is possible to apply for grants to pay course fees at educational funds from the work unions.
More information provided by Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at email@example.com
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
Tímabil: 5. september - 16. desember