Sales and Marketing - SMR I
Do you wish to strengthen yourself in sales and marketing? Do you want to start your own business?
The purpose of the study is to strengthen knowledge and improve the skills of those engaged in or wishing to pursue, sales and marketing. The programme is 222 hours long and can be assessed towards 11 credits at the upper secondary level.
Objectives for students to be able after their studies:
- Market products and businesses in the media and online.
- Start a business based on their own ideas.
- Set realistic goals and follow them through with project management.
- Create professional promotional material that attracts attention.
- Promote their products or company at a trade show.
- Use information technology, the internet and social media to promote and sell products.
- Microsoft Teams for meetings and learning materials
- Study techniques and portfolio
- Goal setting
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- General marketing
- Market investigations
- Marketing and the Internet
- Marketing and social media
- Developing marketing material
- Sales techniques and networking
- Project management
- Speech and conduct
- Information Technology (integrated throughout the program)
When it comes to assessment, emphasis is placed on project work, practical exercises, group work, discussion and debate. It is taught according to the curriculum from the Icelandic Business Education Centre and it is possible to apply to upper secondary schools for 11 credits to be assessed after this programme.
The study will be conducted as open learning, meaning that participants can attend live or digitally via Microsoft Teams Tuesdays and Thursdays from 17:00-20:00. Additional information technology classes are done via Teams on Fridays from 17:00 to 19:00 where participants can pose their questions related to the subjects and technology used in the program, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
Participants also have the opportunity to follow lectures afterwards and carry out projects and collaboration on their own time.
Grants for course fees
It is possible to apply for grants to pay course fees at educational funds from the work unions.
More information provided by Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
Tímabil: 16. janúar - 31. maí