Miðstöð símenntunar á Suðurnesjum (MSS) is a lifelong learning centre located in the Southwest area of Iceland, founded December 10th 1997.
MSS’ mission is to offer a various selection of courses for individuals and for companies. For individuals the courses are categorized as recreational courses, occupational courses and language or computer courses. Examples of the selection of courses offered at MSS are:
- Icelandic language courses for immigrants, level 1-5.
- Foreign languages for Icelandic speaking people, such as English, Norwegian and Spanish.
- General computer skills, more detailed computer courses are also offered such as graphic design.
- Occupational courses for health-care and social services employees, as well as employees in tourism and employees in schools or kindergartens which have lower education.
- Education for adults with disabilities, long seminars and short courses.
- MSS offers learning facilities for university students in the area as well as facilities and equipment for distance learning.
MSS also offers Educational and carrier counselling for people in the area. Counselling is also available for companies regarding KSAO’s analyses as well as regarding the educational demands of companies.