Business Operations - SMR II
The purpose of the program is to strengthen the knowledge and increase the skills of those who carry out or are interested in operating or starting their own business. The program is 218 hours and can be assessed for 11 credits at the upper secondary school level.
The learning goals are that the participant can:
- Increase professional confidence and security to operate a company.
- Create a business plan for the company.
- Make plans for the business and follow up.
- Explain how a business is operated.
- Work on business projects.
- Explains a variety of tools and processes that benefit the business.
Subjects and emphasis:
- Negotiation techniques
- Spreadsheet planning
- Business calculation
- Key figures and liquidity
- Business plan – Final project
- Computer and information technology (linked to themes of each subject)
Project work, 80% attendance and active participation.
Two afternoons each week taught from 17:00 to 20:00 in addition to online assignments and lectures. Some courses will be taught on two Saturdays during the duration of the program. Additional classes in computer and information technology occur once a week where students can improve their computer skills in relation to the needs of their studies. Participants can apply to do the course through distance learning. They will be required to do additional project work.
The program is in accordance with the curriculum from the Centre for Education and Training.
Tuition fee grants
You can apply for tuition fee grants to union education funds.
For further information, please contact Hrannar or Hólmfríður at 421-7500 or at email@example.com
The prices of study programmes are published subject to change
Tímabil: 16. janúar - 1. júní